Wash Your Hands Please!
It is important to wash your hands for at least 20-30 seconds. Choose the "happy birthday" song and sing it two times. If you don't want to sing that song, pick your favorite song to sing for 20-30 seconds while rinsing the germs from your hands. You can use a brush to help scrub the dirt from under your nails. Remember a lot happens when you are in public spaces. After interacting in public and throughout the day, try to regularly fight the spread of germs. Please help prevent yourself and others from contracting illnesses.
Things you can do to not feel bored and still feel productive while washing your hands:
- Strengthen your vocal cords by singing your favorite song or humming your favorite melody.
- Say your daily affirmations while looking at yourself in the mirror if there is one in front of you while washing your hands. If you want to say the affirmations out loud or to yourself, it is totally up to you.
- Think of 5 great things that happened so far.
- Visualize yourself achieving your next goal and/or task.
- Think of the next kind actions you will do for the rest of the day.
- Practice deep breathing exercises to help strengthen your lungs.
- Mini Workout! Do 25-30 calf raises - or you can split it up and do 15 calf raises, 5 right leg sidekicks, 5 left sidekicks, 5 right leg back kicks, 5 left leg back kicks and repeat until you are done washing your hands.
- Think about your loved ones and ways you can share your appreciation for them.
- Call someone you care about and put them on speaker while you wash your hands.
- Activate a voice to note dictation app and have them write your current thoughts so you can send them to your journal if you practice journal writing. Journal writing is a great way to reduce anxiety and help you express your internal thoughts and emotions.
- Practice Eyes Open Meditation for 20-30 seconds.
You can try to challenge yourself by doing 3 things at once such as:
- Washing your hands for 30 seconds while saying your affirmations and doing the mini work out.
- Washing your hands for 30 seconds, calling someone you care about while on speaker and doing a mini work out.